Re: Buffalo Review

	Buffalo was absolutely amazing.  For those of you that didn't go,
you missed out big time. I would strongly urge those on the east coast to
go to Worcester, MA and Philly later this month.  Anyway, the opening act
was some group called something and "the muffdivers," or whatever.  I
think the female lead singer was a four non-blond.  Regardless of the
name or origing, I thought they absolutely sucked.  She was trying way
too hard to scream like she was Janis.  As if.  Fortunately they didn't
play forever.  Quad is basically the same as it has been since MSG except
much, much better.  The brass is very clean, loud, and solid.  Billy Idol
was especially enthusiastic and zealous on stage.  I think he grabbed his
crotch once or twice too, (you the ladies are interested).  My one
complaint is Gary.  This guy serves no purpose, can't sing for shit, and
got the entire band off count during his first entrance.  He was taking
it too fast "I'm the guy, in the sky..." and it through everyone off for
about 10 seconds.  John's solo on 5:15 was great but I thought it could
have been a little louder, and I was in the 23rd row too.  Speaking of
John, he didn't open his mouth once the entire night, nor acknowledge, or
look at the crowd until the end of Quad.  What can we do?  He is "the
Quiet One."
	Encores were great.  Roger and Pete mentioned before they began
that they had to revive Keith quite a few times here in Buffalo.  And
Roger said he bought his first Am. car in Buffalo which was a mistake.
Someone in the first row threw a Buffalo Bills hat on stage.  He wore it
for the entire WGFA, twisting it sideways while sharing the microphone
with Pete.  During one chorus, Pete said, "that's a fucking ugly hat."
He took it off after the number.  Roger played acoustic for Who Are You.
Excellent.  All in all, I give last night's performance an A+.  They have
consistantly proven that they can still rock.  If anyone has info on
bootlegs of Buffalo I'd appreciate it.  I'm willing to pay top dollar for
a good quality recording of the show.  pcb5@cornell.edu.   Philip Ballard