Mono vs. stereo recordings

I would like to see a write up of mono vs. stereo releases on CD and LP.

I've only gotten into the early mono-era stuff since CD's, and I'm wondering...

1.  which CD's were released in mono version (my copies of 'my generation
     CD   doesn't say anything, but it sounds like mono to me)
2.  which LP's were originally released in mono and stereo versions
3.  which songs are only available  in mono
4.  what was the first album to only be released in stereo
                (I'm guessing 'tommy')

THanks for your help!!!
Michael Richardson
Denison, Tx.