Denver Show

Hello Fellow Who Fans,

I am a relatively new subscriber to the list and I must say that I am very
happy to see number of posting on the list for information about the Who,
concert dates, and show reviews.  I felt I should send out some
information so Denver wasn't the only city not represented on this tour.

The Denver show was held at McNichols Area,  at 7PM.  I arrived a little
late for the opening act, so I have no idea of the name of the band.  The
Quad show started around 8PM and finished about 10PM.  According to
the local media the show was just about sold out, and based on what I
could see during the show I would agree, maybe about 200 seats empty.
The show seemed to go flawlessly, the crowd was very enthusiastic
which seemed to fuel the band even more.  Pete seemed to tease the
crowd as he would almost wind up for a windmill and then seem to have
second thoughts and just continue playing.  Pete solo acoustic versions
of "I'm One" and "Drowned" were just incredible.  The same can be said
of John's bass solo in "5:15", my wife just kept shaking here head is
disbelief.  Pete finally strapped on the electric guitar for "Love, Reign O'er
Me" which really got the crowd going.  The encore was the same as
other shows WGFA, BBE and WAY.  Pete, Roger and John spent a
considerable amount of time following WAY mugging for the crowd and
saying thanks to everyone.  They seemed to enjoy the crowd
participation on BBE and WAY and for a while I thought they were going
to play some additional songs during the encore but that was not going to
happen this time.

I haven't seen the band since December 1982 "Final Show" in Toronto
so it was great to see my favorite band playing my favorite album.  The
shows were different, yet the same in many ways.  Pete's screaming
electric guitar play was missing, but I still came away from the show
feeling like I had seen some amazing guitar work, and the excitement that
I felt was just the same as the earlier shows that I have seen.  Roger
never seems to change, the voice was perfect.  John has to be
considered the one of the finest if not the finest bass player on this
planet.   I need to add one more thing, sorry for the length of this,  my
children were not very happy with me when my wife and I left for the
concert, they wanted to go.  They have watched many Who concerts
over the past month in anticipation of this show.  Each time they stopped
what they were doing and came into the room to sit and watch the
videos of concerts. They would watch the entire concert, eyes glued to
the screen, if there was nothing for then to watch on TV, they wanted
some Who videos on.  One night I heard my youngest daughter talking in
bed, when I went to investigate I found out she wasn't talking..she was
singing...she was singing "Who Are You"  My daughters are age 6 and 3
and I hope that at some point I will be able to take them both to see a
WHO show!

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the tour and hopefully a pay
per view show.

Scott
scottb@micromotion.com