Re: Censor-round

Fang, Re:

> Person (a) robs a bank, person (b) is a witness. Person (b) goes to person
> (c) to ask where the police station is and then goes to the  police and
> person (a) is arrested, then convicted.

Nice parable, but it doesn't fit here.  Instead, what we observe in the Mr.
Censor case is the following:

Person (a) robs a bank, person (b) is a witness.  Person (b) goes to person
(c) to ask where the police station is.  Person (c) says:  `Forget about the
fucking police, I have something better here.  Look, here's a list of the
addresses of (a)'s family and friends, and here's the fax number of a killer
I have hired and paid.  If you think (a) has robbed your bank, just send the
list to that number...'

> I blame (a)
> You <Kevin> blame (b) & (c)

In your story, (a) really is the only one to blame.

In our real story, (c) & (b) are much worse criminals than (a).

Fang:  Kevin and I are not defending Mr. Richard `Censor' Thomson here.  What
we are trying to say is that contacting RT's company was a serious
overreaction of yours.  The correct police station in our case is Paul.
(And if sheriff Paul says that RT isn't a case for the local police, then all
of us - including you - have to accept this decision.)  Anything which goes
beyond this list is like hiring a killer to extinguish RT's family and friends.
Yes, even pointing to RT's web page with hypocritical disgust and shouting
`Look what a depraved asshole he is!' breaks the limits.

Personally, I don't care what RT does outside of this list - as long as he
stops bothering us with his ill-famous private e-mail.  He has shown how great
an idiot he is in his recent posting, where he was unable to swallow his pride
for just a little apology.  That's all what counts for me - and I don't care
about where he's working or what the sexual preferences of a fractal freak are.
Period.

Bernd

BTW:  Have you ever considered the possibility (1) that you might have spoken
to RT himself when you were contacting Parametric, or (2) that RT could be the
boss of that company?  Well, try to do so.  Maybe this thought can help you to
realize how inappropriate your reaction was.