Re: Censor-round

>Everyone knows Richard T. is an idiot. So he went to Paul. Paul is not
>likely to listen to any such ravings. And Richard T. can be dealt with
>quite easily by using the delete key, a twit filter, or whatever. I
>got one of his ravings in the mail, looked at it, added him to my twit
>filter, and no more Richard T. This ain't rocket science, folks. Most
>decent mail software programs have filters or sorters that can handle
>this kind of stuff, including many *free* programs.

Kevin:

What we're talking about here is not ravings on the Digest. It's private
EMailed warnings and threats to have one thrown off the list. On the one
hand, his claim was that there was too much non-Who material on the Digest.
His solution: deluge the "offender" with non-Who EMail. I got 14. That was
not warranted.
BTW, if my Eudora program has such a filter, I haven't seen it. So some of
us don't have that particular advantage.

>And this puerile attempt to shift the blame won't fly.

I don't think that anyone's trying to shift blame here, Kevin. I know I'm not.

>Maybe if he threatened to come to your house that might be grounds.
>But all you have discussed so far is e-mail, and I cannot imagine that
>receiving e-mail, no matter how lame, warrents the response of trying
>to get someone fired. What I see so far is the most chilling example
>of censorship I have yet witnessed anywhere on the Internet in a
>number of years. And the justification for this is "Trust me?"

Kevin, you misunderstand me. I don't want to send any info to anyone, and I
said as much. It's not in my nature to air dirty laundry. You, not knowing
and not really needing to know what I'm speaking of here, are making a
too-quick assessment. Actually, I was responding to what Bernd asked me.
And no one is trying to censor RT, just stop the warnings...which has been
done. He can post to his heart's delight about anything he wants on the Digest.
As for trusting me, you can judge my character as you wish from what you
have seen posted on the Digest (or elsewhere). If you don't want to believe
that I know of what I speak but don't want to throw it all into the open
forum, then you don't have to.
I don't want to see RT fired, and if you read all of my posts you would have
seen that. I just don't want 14 more EMails about nothing from someone who
is trying to control my behavior in public. Someone who has no right.
Actually, no one has the right.
Hopefully now you understand. No censorship is being attempted by either me
or WF. Rather, the opposite.

BTW, this is my last public post about this particular subject (I'm bored
with it, and besides I can't think of any more clever titles). Anyone
wanting to further discuss it with me can EMail privately.

                   Cheers                   ML