Re: Censor-roundSun Dec 7 14:37:57 PST 1997

On Fri, 24 May 1996 09:18:33 -0400, mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
wrote:

>>The last censorship flap we had was over Fang, as I'm sure many of you
>>will recall. Those who objected to some of the personal attacks he was
>>making were accused of being censors. We were all lectured on the use
>>of the delete key, particularly by Fang. Now he is the one trying to
>>pull someone else's plug.

>Just because we have free speech doesn't mean that one member of a group can
>decide to set himself up as a tin god and try to police us.

My point, precisely.

Recently someone called this Fang's list. It seems to have gone to his
head.

Everyone knows Richard T. is an idiot. So he went to Paul. Paul is not
likely to listen to any such ravings. And Richard T. can be dealt with
quite easily by using the delete key, a twit filter, or whatever. I
got one of his ravings in the mail, looked at it, added him to my twit
filter, and no more Richard T. This ain't rocket science, folks. Most
decent mail software programs have filters or sorters that can handle
this kind of stuff, including many *free* programs.

>RT is in no danger
>UNLESS he continues to harrass people. It's his choice.

And this puerile attempt to shift the blame won't fly. If Fang gets
this guy fired, Fang will bear the blame, and will prove to us all
that he is contemptible and a hypocrite. The fact that he *began* it
already proves that he is a bully.

Kevin B. O'Brien
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and
the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell