Re: Nodding off at the Ball

Dave, re:

>Can anyone point to a definitive reference as to whether or not PT did in
>fact nod off at the Secret Policeman's Ball? Could this simply be a small
>myth surrounding the man or did it really happen?

I have seen it writing, though that doesn't necessarily mean it is fact.

I think the story was he played his own set (PW and Drowned, and what ever
else was lopped off the album-I don't have the laserdisc) went back to the
dressing room to wait for the finale. A bottle of brandy was sent to keep him
company, which he polished off. He returned to the stage for the WGFA with
John Williams, and nodded off toward the end.

Could be wrong but that's how I remember it.
Litgo