Re: Quadrophenia

>>The ending of the album has Jimmy contemplating
>>his situation [snip] while the movie has him violently throwing away the
>entire >Mod lifestyle.
>     ^^^^^^^^^
>And his life too, didn't he?

That's open to interpretation.  We see the scooter Jimmy nicked going over
the edge of the cliff, but no falling body.  The scooter smashes on the
rocks, but there's no sign of Jim.  The long shot of the (empty) cliff top
suggests he went over with the scooter, but there's no "proof."

Optimists will say Jimmy got his act together and pessimists will say he
killed himself.  I don't think Pete ever specified one or the other ending;
though he suggests "White City" might show an older Jim.

(Ouch! a film that makes you think!)

MN