Re: Quadrophenia

>Mark L wrote:
>>The ending of the album has Jimmy contemplating
>>his situation [snip] while the movie has him violently throwing away the
>entire >Mod lifestyle.
>     ^^^^^^^^^
>And his life too, didn't he?

JenniferD:

The way I see the movie (and some others, too) the beginning of the movie
shows Jimmy walking away from the cliffs after ditching the bike...also, the
body is never shown going over the cliff...and then there's the movie Harold
And Maude, which ends the same way (with Harold dancing on the cliff as his
car, which symbolized his mindset, is destroyed). My thoughts are that Jimmy
threw away the Mod lifestyle, symoblized by the scooter. Others think it was
his life. Who's right? I can't say. It may have been meant to be open to
interpretation.

                   Cheers                   ML