Returned mail: Recipient names must be specified

The original message was received at Thu, 23 May 1996 14:38:27 -0700
from uucp@localhost

501 thewho@mpath.com... Recipient names must be specified

   ----- Original message follows -----
From: "Bragg, Blaine" <blaine@sdg.com>
To: "'thewho@mpath.com'" <thewho@mpath.com>
Subject: RE: 1st's
 Sun Dec  7 14:36:29 PST 1997
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 14:18:25 -0700
Return-Receipt-To: <>

>Litgo, Re:
>
>>I'd be glad to expound on this. What were others' firsts, BTW? Especially
>>those that realized musical consciousness after the Who's (as a formal band)
>>demise.
>
>I would be interested know if anyone has thought about why they
>like The Who, and what they came up with.
>
>Stacey

Why I like the Who...it's easy for me.  I was fourteen and was working
at my first job.  One of the mature kids (must have been all of 16) gave
me a copy of Who's Next...told me to make sure I listened to THE WORDS.
I was hooked.  Around the same time I read an article, and the tag line
was something like "P.T.:  thinking man's rock and roller".  I've always
thought that's what got me....powerful rock and roll with substance and
intelligence.  Not many artists have mastered that combo. (Can anybody
name another?).  From WN it was off to Tommy, Quad (first time I heard
it was start to finish on a really good stereo turned up real loud.  I
was exhausted after that one...still am every time I listen to it.),
Meaty Beaty, Leads, WAY, TKAA, all of PT's solo stuff etc.  I am ashamed
to admit that I never got into Sell Out until the remaster....I should
burn in hell for that one.

>From a live perspective I've been very lucky...my experiences has gotten
better over the years.  First it was Who/Clash in 82, then the Big Band
Who in 89, then (now it gets good), PT Solo at the Berkeley community
theater 6th row center, and then the recent Filmore show in SF 6 feet
center.  My only regret is being a couple of years too young to see 'em
with Keith,  I can only imagine what _that_ must have been like!

I'd like to hear other's stories.

Blaine