Re: 1st's

Litgo@aol.com wrote:

> Stacey, re:
>
> > I had the Shea Stadium show on
> >tape, which I think was broadcasted live on a local rock station.  I wanted
> >to go to that concert so bad, but I was too young, and I couldn't find
> >anyone I knew to go with.  I have spent the last sixteen years trying to
> >put my finger on the reason why The Who has moved me more than any other
> >band, without any tangible results.
>
> You wanna hear a sob story!!? We must be about the same age, then, because I
> had a ticket to the show here in '82. An older brother of a friend of mine
> had two extras, one for each of us. We asked our mothers, to which we both
> received the reply - isn't that the band were those children were trampled?
> And, besides, you're too young. So we were both screwed. I've spent the last
> fifteen years blaming my mother for that one. And she doesn't even have the
> courtesy to remember it!
>
> Thanks for making bring that up -- now I have to call my therapist...
>
> Litgo

LITGO, et al:

I was at that show, good and drunk, and some dude passed me a tai weed
joint (unknown to me). I barfed during WGFA, but that was probably due to
the Quarter Pounders I ate before the show...	Big highlight of that
show, and the Philly show on the same tour was BOOOOINNNG the fucking
Clash!!!!! It got so bad, they did 25 minutes, and Strummer threw his
guitar when he exited stage left......