Re; 1975 JAE bust?

> Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 20:22:46 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Gary M. Gillman" <garyg@inforamp.net>
>
> also a picture of John Alec being arrested (the story claimed) for
> disturbing the peace; this was supposedly  somewhere in Texas at the
> beginning of a tour in 1975. Can any of the Who historians amongst us
> confirm whether this really happened and, if so, what happened to John in
> the Texas courts?...Gary M.

Yes, it happened in Houston; I was at that show (but didn't find out
about the arrest until much later).  The arresting sergeant's name was
Entwistle, which of course was on the nameplate he was wearing, so he
thought John was giving him a load of crap when John told him _his_
name.  He didn't believe him until until John also told him where his
ancestors and relatives wer from in England.  I don't know what ever
happened as far as the Texas courts; I presume they just held him
overnight and maybe made him pay a fine.

--
Alan McKendree          amck@eden.com           512-478-9900
Adhesive Media, 101 W. 6th St., Ste. 210, Austin, TX   78701