Re: Mr. Censor: Cease & Desist

Bernd, re:

>Well, Fang, don't you think that this goes just a little too far?  Wouldn't
it have been better first to inform Rich T.

"Too far"??? No, not at all. As much as people think I like to "play games"
with people sometimes, I really don't. Part of the problem here is the
"disturbing quality" of the e-mails. Just like your thoughtful letter to him
was completely ignored, but he seemed to "find the time" to go on a tirade
against Mark. Personally, I don't care what he does in life, it's none of my
business. However, he's come here on some sorta "mission" that is unsolicited
and uncalled for and, up to now, refused to stop. What I've witnessed here,
is that he doesn't listen to reason and is obviously not pursuaded by the
discussions that he's chosen to engage in regarding the matter. So, he's left
with a choice, which is in his own hands.

Does this open up a whole can of worms? No, not really. Personally, I could
care less about "corporate" accounts (unless I happen to be a stockholder and
see my investements being "wasted" :) ) However, I would take a dim view of
my own employees spending their time and my companies resources on their
entertainment while they are "supposed" to be working. Then there's the
"name" issue. As a principal of the company, would you want your company name
out there on the net with words next to is such as "eat me"???

If I were a user of my corp's Internet account, I'd make sure what their
policies were... For the $10+ a month for an on-line service, I think it's a
good investment...

BTW, I also find a distinct difference between public postings to the list
and private e-mail. I consider e-mail to be "personal", where stuff posted to
the list is up for discussion by all who care to discuss. When someone like
RT starts sending volumes of e-mail to people in an attempt to control,
harrass, threaten, etc. it's quite different than stating his opinion on the
matter publically for us to all discuss and debate or simply ignore.

So... there you have it...

-wf