Re: Keith Moon Memorial

> Keith Moon in a German uniform?! This is verboten! How can we show the
> greatest drummer of our time sidling up to those evil Nazis? If there's
> another guy in the picture, it's probably Vivian Stanshall-Whats-His-Name
> wearing an SS officer's uniform.
> Oh well. Just goes to show the marvelous British sense of humour. They took
> the brunt of the Luftwaffe and lived to laugh about it.

While searching for the brand new MST3K book in Barnes & Noble, I came
across a Steve McQueen bio.  Knowing that he pissed off McQueen at his
Malibu beach house in '77, I had to take a look.  Sure enough, the author
wrote that McQueen went out on his deck one morning, looked next door and
saw Keith Moon dressed as a Nazi officer saying "Heil Hitler" to the
ocean.  It goes on to say that Keith was constantly trying to get
McQueen's attention but Steve didn't want to talk.  One day Keith came
over drunk and his son had to knock him out (he barged in the house
asking for him).  In retaliation Keith set up bright lights that would
line the walkway to his house which would shine brightly in McQueen's
bedroom.  One night Steve decided enough was enough and shot out every
light with his shotgun.  McQueen's personal view on Moon was that he was
legitimate nut and a real asshole.