Is it Stern...for a moment...

>In late evening, however, every public station has
>some fine shows with decent DJs, the best of them certainly comparable to your
>Howard Stern (though I don't know him).  It is after about 9 p.m. when you can
>expect Who songs other than `Who are you' being played on German radio.

Bernrd:

First of all, thanks. That was very educational, and I would think that
several of us appreciate your time.

Howard Stern, though...he's not a DJ in the common sense. He talks, jokes,
interviews in a stream-of-conciousness sort of way. Very little music. To
get an idea of what he is actually like, pick up the book Private Parts (his
first). You probably won't believe that his show is the same, but it is
(except for the obsenities, which he gets around by saying things like
"F---You" instead of Fuck You).
I would like to tape some of it for you, but the thing is that you need to
hear a lot of him to get into it...most people don't like it at first, but
then get into his little "world" and get to know the people and love it. For
instance, he did a song parody today from the song Lump (by The Presidents
Of The United States, if you've heard it) called Clump...about his co-host
Robin's high colonics...and The Presidents actually sang it and played the
music. Perhaps someone here who tapes all of the shows can prepare a "best
of" for you. I have part of only one show, the one the day of the OJ
verdict. It's a good one, though. You can have a copy if you like.
He's crude, base, vulger, tasteless, and funny as Hell. And totally
American. Only in a country this decadent could such a show exist. Three cheers!

                   Cheers                   ML