Re: Whofilms, Ltd.

     ^^I seem to remember hearing that either Pete or Roger (cant remember
     ^^which) was unhappy with losing control of Tommy to Ken Russell. He
     ^^is the reason Tommy is the way it is, I think. If you have seen
     ^^other films by Russell you will know that he just simply has an odd
     ^^take on film making.

        I just finished reading a biography about Paddy Chayefsky called
     "Mad As Hell."  Chayefsky tried to wield total control of the films
     made from his scripts.  A really angry, alpha type, he was.  Ken
     Russell was brought in to film his last script "Altered States."  As
     the book details, within 2 weeks of the beginning of filming, Russell,
     through a campaign of intimidation and bullying, drove Chayefsky off
     the lot (Chayefsky eventually disowned the film).  If Russell could do
     this to someone like Chayefsky, imagine what he could do to a relative
     film novice like Pete?