Re: Off-topic posting: An infrequent poster's perspective

>What YOU want is for >people to supply you with information that you can
use. That's great. However, what are YOU giving???<

Thanks, Fang.  I mentioned this at least twice to our resident hooligan (does
that count as WHO content?) with no response. (Surprise, surprise.)

For a few minutes, I contemplated posting that I'd answer questions (when I
could) only by private e-mail; why should I, or WF, or anyone else spend time
and effort helping out lurkers who 1)obviously are ignorant else they'd post
something, and 2)are unappreciative of those who do?

But I thought twice.  It's one jackass, not a bunch of them, causing the
current discord.  And even those who don't post often (like Tim H), do make
the effort to ask intelligent (new) questions--and are appreciative (I've
received more than one private thank you from Tim and others, and yes, it
does make a difference. I'm far more likely to research something in exchange
for a kind word or two.)

I'm hardly a Who expert; but one can't help but pick up some info after so
many years (1967 and counting--and I ain't even old yet!)

So, if you've got something to offer--offer it!  And if you don't--and aren't
willing to sift through the flotsam for the gems you seek--there's this
moderated mail group over in the alt.music section that ought to suit you.
 No off-topic posts there, promise.

Mick Noland