Re: Live Boxed Set material

You wrote:

>Spent a few hundred bucks the past few months on back issues of Record
>Collector going back to the 1st issue.  The 2/90 issue has a great
article
>called "The Who Live" of shows they taped &/or filmed. Cover tunes
listed
>incl Johnny B. Goode (oalland 10/10/76), All Right Now (variosu shows
>'70-'80), Pretty Vacant & Sweets For My Sweet (MSG 9/17/79),
>Maybelline(Wembley (10/21/75), & Gloria, You Really Got Me, Big Boss
Man (MSG
>6/13/74)  Mark, I'd love to trade you for a copy of the Sweden show!
Best,
>GaryM

Unfortunately, all of the above (with the possible exception of MSG
'79) ONLY exist on audience recordings.  The band did not record or
allow these shows to be recorded.  To be honest all of these "covers"
are sloppy at best.  The Stockholm show (another aud. tape, and a
really bad one) I believe is from the Nalen Club, Stockholm on Oct 25
1966.

As far as the BBC material goes, you can thank Auntie Beeb for giving
no cooperation (read the compiler's note from the box set) for any
past/future release.

Bruce