Re: Re; 3/4 Who Content

On Tue, 21 May 1996, Rich Thomson wrote:
> In article <1a1ed8e0@turner.com> ,
>     Brian.Cady@turner.com  writes:
> >      ^^What Who (or PT) song that wasn't ever a major release should have
> >      ^^been?
> >
> >      I would say "Boris The Spider" should have been a single, at least in
> >      America.  Pete said as much in his MBB&B review, but says the idea was
> >      nixed because of his personal jealousy.
> >      Another would be "Going Mobile" or "Baba O'Riley" which might have
> >      done better on U.S. pop radio than "Behind Blue Eyes."
>
> Relay / Water.  I guess they were both singles; but with MCA that
> doesn't constitute a 'major release'.  Since they were neglected in
> the catalog until the boxed set.
> --
I'm not sure whether you mean they should have been bigger singles or
whether they shouldn't have been singles at all; at any rate, I've always
thought that including "Relay" rather than BO'R on "Greatest Hits" was
one of the weirdest decisions MCA ever made.  As far as Brian's post, I
disagree.  I think BBE is the perfect US Pop radio song, at least since
I've long found it to be bordering on sappy, and all U.S. pop is sappy.
Just think:  what Who's Next song sounds most like something that might
have been on Frampton Comes Alive?  Well, at least the first 2/3 of BBE
work.

--LP.