whofilms ltd.

Jen,

   >>I own the Tommy movie <grin> I saw "Quad"... and didn't like it.<<

Just to throw in my own two cents---I'm taking this message to mean that you
prefer the Tommy film to the Quad film. To each his/her own, but I must
disagree. In fact the Tommy film is my most hated Who project. I've
personally believe that it was Townshend's final attempt to kill the beast.
It was so overdone and IMHO CHEESY!!(for lack of a better word). OTOH I
enjoyed the Quad movie completely. I own a copy of this and watch it every so
often to relive the magic. I like Quad better than Tommy because it's a real
movie that focuses strongly on the concepts that the music are supposed to
convey. It doesn't try to exagerate the compositions or their themes, As I
feel Tommy does. I see a lot of realism in the characters and the way they
are played (quite well IMHO). I have hardly any feelings for the characters
in the Tommy film, (maybe just a wish that Ann Margret would get naked when
she  strattles the giant phalic pillow in her bedroom).

   I do think that what is great about The Who is that they have so much
diversity in their output. The Tommy and Quad films are clear examples of
this diversity and I thank Jen for bringing up the topic. I'd like to hear
what others think as well.

Vac