Re: On on/off topic

Litgo@aol.com wrote
> Do we really have to be so pedantic about this? A better description than a
> newsletter is to consider this forum a running conversation. If we were all
> sitting in a bar (those of us of age or with good IDs) we would not have a
> moderator guiding us along in the direction of our conversation, and, most
> definitely, we would constantly stray "off topic."

I thought a newsletter was a lot closer than a barroom for an analogy.
I've yet to subscribe to a bar conversation, nor does a bar
conversation exist for one particular purpose (except possibly picking
up members of the opposite sex).

At any rate, I surrender.  Seems to me a mailing list about the Who
ought to be about the Who, especially when it says it's goign to be
about the Who, but whatever.  Clearly a battle not worth waging.

Pete Townshend was mentioned on Stern this morning, but my officemates
were yapping and I didn't hear how.  I think it was a caller.
--
- Brad Goldman
 (Brad@jimmy.harvard.edu)