Re: On on/off topic

Mark Leaman wrote:

> >For those of you who feel this forum is heading in the wrong direction, it's
> >up to you to guide it's change toward the type of forum you want it to be.
> >Invoking a pious attitude about others' contribitutions and calling for
> >"den-mother" moderation will only lead to more off-topic posts, such as this
> >thread, and, IMO, a considerably less compelling forum in which to discuss
> >the who, let alone anything else.
>
> Litgo:
>
> I agree with you and the others advocating this sort of forum. It's the only
> way it can work. A conversation in a bar is the best way to look at it, and
> the best way to handle it. If a stray thought about (say) one's latest
> conquest creeps into the discussion, it's acceptable. And those discussions,
> for whatever good they do (and I believe this Digest does a lot of good,
> spreading info), are lots of fun. And as they say, there's nothing wrong
> with having fun.
> BTW, I got another RT note. So I'm still in the running. Apparentlyhe's not
> reading the notes as thoroughly as he should to get the point.
>
>                    Cheers                   ML
>
> "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."  L. Long

I got (3) Nazi notes today, bringing my total to (5).. Interestingly,
each one is exactly the same... (I'm new to these parts, so my apologies
in advance if I appear green).

The bar conversation metaphor is a great one......I'd like to extend and
imagine that PT, RD, and JAE are with us, laughing and drinking, and
telling of THEIR lateste conquests..... I'm RD would have a few
humdingers......