Re: On on/off topic

>For those of you who feel this forum is heading in the wrong direction, it's
>up to you to guide it's change toward the type of forum you want it to be.
>Invoking a pious attitude about others' contribitutions and calling for
>"den-mother" moderation will only lead to more off-topic posts, such as this
>thread, and, IMO, a considerably less compelling forum in which to discuss
>the who, let alone anything else.

Litgo:

I agree with you and the others advocating this sort of forum. It's the only
way it can work. A conversation in a bar is the best way to look at it, and
the best way to handle it. If a stray thought about (say) one's latest
conquest creeps into the discussion, it's acceptable. And those discussions,
for whatever good they do (and I believe this Digest does a lot of good,
spreading info), are lots of fun. And as they say, there's nothing wrong
with having fun.
BTW, I got another RT note. So I'm still in the running. Apparently he's not
reading the notes as thoroughly as he should to get the point.

                   Cheers                   ML