Re: Why, Beavis and Butt-head IS educational

Ian Derby wrote:

> While flipping through channels I came across B&B doing their
> critique of Mike Watt's "Piss-Bottle Man".  Before the video was
> shown it was a dead giveaway that they were attempting to copy the
> Who's sound.  The phrasing of the rhythm guitar with the injection of
> a monstrous drum fill got my attention.  Then they showed the video
> where I saw five men dressed in suits.  Four of them (BTW one of them
> had an SG bass) were doing scissor kicks and windmills which was the
> smoking gun.  Thanks to cdnow I found out this all star alternative
> band contains Eddie Vedder along with Flea, David Grohl, Frank Black,
> and Henry Rollins.  No wonder.  I need to watch 120 mins more often,
> but I'm still perplexed by Oasis' success instead of Blur's.  But I
> guess it's just deja vu' 30 years later with the lesser talented band
> succeeding.

IAN:

I saw the Mike Watt band (w/Vedder, Grohl & Smear) in NYC about a year
ago. Was a good show, Vedder did on knee tuck on one song (there's THEWHO
related material for this post). Not being familiar with their material,
I can't give a fair review.... Foo Fighters was one of the opening acts,
Grohl was a friggin' madman onstage.....

I'd love to see B&B comment on a Who video sometime.....Uhhhhh, its like
these guys like, smash their equipment, because, like the guitarist is
like pissed off that he has a really bif schnoz.....YEA YEA!!! Break it,
smash it!!!! COOL!!!!!!!!!!