Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 140

re: Scotts message:acoustic guitar
Alot of the Who's early hits and most of the latter work IS acoustic based, and
obviously a big influence on the bands of today.For a long time I had trouble
enjoying the new bands(noise mostly), till Pearl Jam,CollectiveSoul(just to name
2) .They're albums,while crunchy and rockin, are acoustic based too.Pete proved
an acoustic guitar could rock and drive the tunes,i.e. Magic Bus,Substitute even
Dreamin From the Waiste...PT's version of Who Are You from DST is awsome! While
The Who's electric sound was powerful and pure energy, I still prefer Pete
wailin on an acoustic.