Tommy CD-ROM, glitch-a-rama

So does anyone out there have a system fast enough to run this thing at
a viewable speed?  I mean to run the video/audio without glitches.

The minimum requirements off the box are:
Windows 3.1 or better, 8mb of RAM, 486sx/25mhz or better, SVGA (256
colors o better), 2X CD drive w/300K/second transfer rate, sound card,
and mouse.

I think the key words here are "or better."  My system meets or exceeds
all of the above, and I get glitches galore.  I would have better video
quality if I drew stick figures on a deck of cards and flipped through
them.  I didn't expect to be able to run video at a normal speed, but
I'm getting like 3 frames per 30 seconds with the audio out of synch
and skipping.  I hear Pete talking 10 seconds before I see (what ends
of being a couple of still photos) him.   I have run the Bob Dylan
CD-ROM on this same machine with better results, at least the audio
worked fine.  One thing that works well are the still pictures, they
are "still". :-)

I think the listed minimum requirements is on the verge of false
advertisement.  I defy anyone to run this disc on that system and get
it to do anything "well".

What about content?  Well there are many examples of Pete's writing,
thats nice.  There are plenty of clips of Pete/others explaining all
you ever wanted to know about Tommy.  There are some good pictures, not
the usual ones.  There are many audio/video clips.  Fortunately for me
there are none that aren't already floating around in a more complete
form (IOW being the exception, but that will change soon).  If you have
the Tommy demos CD, and a reasonable video collection all the new stuff
won't be new.  ALL the official releases are covered.  I don't know
about the rest of you but I have enough versions of Pinball Wizard from
Woodstock.  The only version I want now is the one that includes the
rest of the concert.  Video that is.

At least the price was reasonable, $41.12 tax included.

Bruce