Why, Beavis and Butt-head IS educational

While flipping through channels I came across B&B doing their
critique of Mike Watt's "Piss-Bottle Man".  Before the video was
shown it was a dead giveaway that they were attempting to copy the
Who's sound.  The phrasing of the rhythm guitar with the injection of
a monstrous drum fill got my attention.  Then they showed the video
where I saw five men dressed in suits.  Four of them (BTW one of them
had an SG bass) were doing scissor kicks and windmills which was the
smoking gun.  Thanks to cdnow I found out this all star alternative
band contains Eddie Vedder along with Flea, David Grohl, Frank Black,
and Henry Rollins.  No wonder.  I need to watch 120 mins more often,
but I'm still perplexed by Oasis' success instead of Blur's.  But I
guess it's just deja vu' 30 years later with the lesser talented band
succeeding.