Re: Pete on Later with Jools...

A smentioned yesterday Pete did appear on Later with Jools Holland
last night and was rather good too.  After the first three bands
played Jools conducted a small interview with Pete, which included a
clip of Young Man Blues at the Isle of White before another band or
two played (including Hootie and the Blowfish, first time I had
heard them since they are not as big over here as they are over
there and I can't believe they have sold 13 million records, surely
an accounting error eg someone misplaced the decimal place by six
digits!) Finally we got three song from Pete which were
1. Let my Love open the Door
2. English Boy
3. Magis Bus

The first was performed solo on acoustic, the second with his
bassist (who had stood in for the Manic Street Preachers bassist
earlier) and Jools on piano, and the third on electric, once again
alone which was introduced with a rather rambling description of the
Fender '52 Tele he was using.  IMHO he fluffed the solo to English
Boy but it was still very good overall.

Ross

e-mail : galvinr@ee-wp.bham.ac.uk