Re: Dr. Who and Mr. TownshendSun Dec 7 14:30:03 PST 1997

On Thu, 16 May 1996 00:12:38 -0400, mleaman@sccoast.net (Mark Leaman)
wrote:

>No, people who enjoy the works of authors like Asimov, Heinlein, Ellison,
>Foster, Niven, etc. would see Dr. Who as what it was: a children's show on
>the level of Sigmund The Sea Monster (who was easily topped by Cecil The
>Sea-Sick Sea Serpent, after all). Crap. Trash. Garbage. The kind of thing
>that makes non-SF fans think all of the genre is trivial. Which it is not.
>See the Foundation Trilogy for details.

Did you know that Harlan Ellison is one of Dr. Who's biggest fans? I
suppose I could dig up one of his diatribes on the subject, where he
suggests that anyone who doesn't like Dr. Who is a brain-dead cretin.
It might even get me my very own note for off-topic posting.;-)

Kevin B. O'Brien
kob1@ix.netcom.com
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and
the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell