Re: The Who Digest Vol 3 Num 137

> From: kenny@[206.72.136.3]
> Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 17:00:44 +0000
> Subject: The Who On Guitar...
>
> If you like 3d graphics, Java, RealAudio, The Who and want to see
> over 50 songs of The Who, go to www.siggroup.com/thewho.html now!

Dear Kenny,

I'm too lame to spend the 30 seconds to actually fire up a browser and
go check out your page for myself.  Could you just describe to me in
detail any other features you have on it?

TIA.

*********************

P.S. for the irony-impaired:  :-)

> Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 17:27:22 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Gary M. Gillman" <garyg@inforamp.net>
> Subject: PT hearing revisited
>
> Finally, how loud was the volume of PT's electric at the recent U.S. shows?
> Was it much louder than his acoustic, or similar say to an amplified
> acoustic?

It was significantly decreased from days of yore.  Put it this way: I
use earplugs now by default when I go to shows, due to wanting to be
able to hear on a more or less permanent basis, and I didn't use them
at Pete's shows and was not uncomfortable.  By comparison, I was never
without them in '89.  I believe the electric was louder than the
acoustic but not WAY louder.

. Would the volume of that electric make Quad sound ok with a full
> band playing along with him?

No.  Not even close.

> From: "Stafford, Susan A." <SS193204@wcupa.edu>
> Subject: things PT said at Supper Club
> Date: Thu, 16 May 96 18:46:00 PDT
>
> kids..."  Did Pete say that her husband is Jon Karan, that's what I thought
> I heard.

This doesn't ring a bell.  If he said that I didn't hear it.

> Sometime mid-show Pete had seemed to have a little chat with someone up
> front
> in the audience, and then he said to everyone "Where are all the girls?"
>  What was that all about?

He was referring to the Who's historically heavily-male audience.

> From: Bogie3200@aol.com
> Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 20:22:18 -0400
> Subject: KM as survivor
>
> I'm referrring to the quote I snipped from a recent message:
>
> "Rust Repairer and Full Time Survivor"- Keith Moon

Just to clarify, Keith was referring to Roger's pre-Who life, not
himself.

> From: Litgo@aol.com
> Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 00:48:45 -0400
> Subject: Re: No Subject2
>
> I think the usual story involved Moon messing around in the control room
> while the rest were recording the vocal track. They were trying to make them
> laugh. They finally got to the end on the final take, and Moon jumps up, to
> which Pete replies....

Just a quick adjustment of the vertical: the way I heard the story,
Keith was ducking _down_ behind something to try to hide, causing Pete
to say that.

You think _you're_ anal :-),

--
Alan McKendree          amck@eden.com           512-478-9900
Adhesive Media, 101 W. 6th St., Ste. 210, Austin, TX   78701