Re: Dr. Who and Mr. Townshend

Mark Leaman wrote:

>No, people who enjoy the works of authors like Asimov, Heinlein, Ellison,
>Foster, Niven, etc. would see Dr. Who as what it was: a children's show on
>the level of Sigmund The Sea Monster (who was easily topped by Cecil The
>Sea-Sick Sea Serpent, after all). Crap. Trash. Garbage. The kind of thing
>that makes non-SF fans think all of the genre is trivial. Which it is not.
>See the Foundation Trilogy for details.

I agree totally, but look at the idea behind Doctor Who (time travel,
adventure...).  I think it was the victim of an idiotic low-budget BBC.

>The band definitely did NOT get their name from that show. No freakin' way.

This I must also agree upon.  The Doctor Who series started two or three
years after the Who was named the Who.
JenniferD
A Guitar          _________

"Do you really think I care what you read or what you wear?"