Re: Quadrophenia vs. Who's Next - Drummer vs. Drummer

DC:

> Oh by the way, JJM (I think it was him)
>stated that Keith was better on WN and believes that his opinion is credible
>because he himself is a drummer.  I myself  am also a drummer and disagree
>with this assessment.  Keith seems better on Quad.  This just goes to show
>the other non-drummer people on the list that all the drummers on this list
>do not see 'eye to eye' and that there is much room for debate.

No, I never said my opinion is credible because I'm a drummer.  I said felt
Moon's performance was better on WN on the strength of his playing on
"Bargain", "Goin' Mobile", "My Wife" and "WGFA" - all songs that I couldn't
even begin to play like he did. I offered this as one reason for my
preferring WN.  His playing on QUAD was to me a bit more straight ahead, not
as much like being a "lead drummer."  Nothing wrong with this though; great
drummers know when to "play for the song."

I stand by my opinion but I do respect yours as well.

JJM