Re: Opening Acts

>What about the (admittedly rare) times the opening act is good and may
>be "the next big thing".  Sometimes it can, in retrospect, be quite
>memorable for example (these are just examples, I am in no way endorsing
>the artist ALA Joe Jackson):

Blaine:

Perhaps not so rare. I've seen many opening acts that were good (although
not perhaps as good as the headliner). Such as:

Widespread Panic for Blues Traveler
Peter Tosh for The Stones
Squeeze for Sting
Big Head Todd And The Monsters for Widespread Panic
Santana for Bob Dylan
Billy Preston for ZZ Top
Eagles for Joe Walsh (back when they were good)
Flash for Santana
Emerson Lake And Palmer for Allman Brothers (should have been the other way
around)

Just to mention a few off the top of my head.

                   Cheers                   ML