Roger on Superman, and other acting stuff

Well, that certainly was a fine dramatic role, wasn't it? Loved the
charming wet-look hairstyle Rog was sporting...covered up the bald spot
nicely too, except for that scene where he got thrown into the wall. And
the outfit! My my! Reminded me of the clothing worn by space colonists
on Star Trek, especially that vest thingy. All in all, a fine show of
rasping, lurking, salivating and jumping out at people abilities (insert
a lawyer joke here if you're the kind of person who goes for such
things). But I must say, I thought it was rather unfair of the writers
to have our boy morphing into other characters so much! He really only
got four decent scenes by my count. And the role of Tez could have used
some more fleshing out, IMHO. I rather liked the guy, but just when we
were getting to know him, he had to go and die! I also think that
Superman defeated him a bit too easily...sure, he IS Superman, but
this was supposed to be a challenge! Ah well. It was a tape-worthy show.

Later last night, driven by sheer curiosity, I ran a search on one of
the Internet film directories to see what other roles Roger has had. I
was surprised to see that there were quite a few more than just the old
"McVicar", "Lisztomania" and such that we all know about. For the
Daltrey-mad people on this list (you know who you are!), I will now list
out the names of these films.

"Lightning Jack", 1994, Western/Comedy. Jennifer mentioned this one
already.
"If Looks Could Kill" aka "Teen Agent", 1991, Comedy/Spoof
"Cold Justice", 1989, Drama
"Mack the Knife", 1989. I believe Roger sings in this one, but it
sounded like a pretty wretched movie otherwise.
"Murder: Ultimate Grounds for Divorce", 1984.
"The Legacy", aka "The Legacy of Maggue Walsh", 1979, Horror

Also a couple of made for TV flicks, "Forgotten Prisoners: The Amnesty
Files" in 1991 and "A Comedy of Errors" (yes, Shakespeare!) in 1983.
Whew!

On a similar note, who all has seen Lisztomania? It always sounded like
some trashy fun to me, although I hate to spend my time and money
locating a rental copy if it's just trashy.

                                   -Yellow Ledbetter
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com