Kilburn

Gary M, you aksed:

>>There has been mention on the list lately of the ill-fated Kilburn gig,
which the Who played to furnish performances for Jeff Stein's film The Kids
Are Alright. The songs from this show were apparently  judged below par by
the band, and were not included in the film. Have any of the Kilburn
performances been released on any official or unofficial album or CD? What
was the Kilburn set-list? For those who may have heard any of the songs in
question, how would you rate them?.....Gary M.>>

A few years ago, I heard someone's copy of the show.  I can't fully
remember but it definitely wasn't as bad as people thought.  Moon was in
tough shape at that point, I remember reading that Entwistle was drunk at
the time.  The set list was similar to a 76 show:

I Can't Explain
Substitute
Baba O'Riley
My Wife
Behind Blue Eyes
Dreaming From The Waist
Pinball Wizard
I'm Free
Tommy's Holiday Camp
Summertime Blues
Shakin' All Over
My Generation/Join Together/Who Are You
Won't Get Fooled Again

They indeed DID play Who Are You, but it didn't get very far.  It was
mostly Pete singing the "Who are you, who who" part over and over, Roger
didn't really know the words, Keith was gone...

Jeff, you wrote:

> In regards to the WGFA on TKAA.  My friend has a poster of the guys
> with the exact same clothes on except Keith is wearing a purple
> jumpsuit with white stars as opposed to the white shirt in the movie.
> I'm assuming this is in line with the band playing more than one show
> a night, so my question is, did they play two shows that night, and
> if so, is the one on the video the first or the second?

Nope, that's from Kilburn also.  As is that closing footage in TKAA of
the band going up the stairs.  John was obviously pissed- have you ever
seen him pretend to hit the camera before? :-)

What else.....when I talked to Chris Charlesworth, he told me
that the little "Big Mouthed little-git" comment was from Kilburn, not
from Shepperton.  He also said there was "no love lost" (what the hell
does that mean?) between Jeff Stein and the band, and it is very rare
that the clips from the Kilburn show will ever be released.  I think
that's a shame, since it would be amazing to have...

For the record, Rog wore that shirt from Shepperton at least 5 times in
the past....

As for Superman (I'm almost done!  I promise!); HAHAHAHAHAHAH!  Rog was
fantastic as usual but he scared the hell out of me.  Who let him flick
his tongue like that?  And Jennifer, I must agree, when he ate the flower
I was extremely happy.

Actually, for 50-something, he's keeeping in a lot better shape than a
certain Mr. Townshend.....

See ya later...hopefully the next time I post I'll be back home (i.e. OUT
OF BUFFALO...)

Jay

              Jason Hare  <hare@acsu.buffalo.edu>
		http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~hare
      		   "Time is fleeting" RHPS
        Funny how the pages turn and hold us in between.... - Brian May