Re: Spinal Tap words

> >'Patent British Exploding Drummers'
> just read the Herman's Hermits piece from the latest issue of Mojo, where
> Barry Witwam of the Hermits claims to have been the 1st.  Seems that on the
> last night of their tour with the Who, Keith got a little carried away with
> some gunpowder, &....

I thought this was a better than ever point to talk about a funny Keith
Moon prank from this period.  When the Who were on tour with the Troggs,
Keith decided to have his fun with the drummer of the band.  He
meticulously sawed every drumstick (where the drummer grips the stick)
nearly  through.  Obviously when the drummer hit anything the sticks
would break instantly.  This reminds me of Keith's typical hotel routine
of unscrewing every hotel component to the breaking point.  That would
ensure the next inhabitant to break the bed frame or knock the TV of it's
stand.