Re: Chairman Pete

Gary Gillman, Re:

>Regarding the various things Pete Townshend has said, or allegedly said, on
>various subjects, and which have been discussed on the list lately, I'd like
>to make the general comment that Pete, like his guitar sryle of yore, is an
>exaggerator - he loves to make grandiose statements and also provocative
>ones. This is part of his style, and it's not surprising that some of it is
>not true or is not intended to be taken seriously.

        I understand what you're saying, and this may be true, but why make
excuses for the man?  I took Pete's comments about his sexuality as either
the truth, or a stab at the speculation about his sexual preferences.
Since he made quite a number of statements regarding his alleged
preferences, and homosexual sex in general, I doubt that he was just saying
those things just for the sake of shocking the audience.  If he was, he
would seem to be somewhat homophobic, which I don't think he is.  I don't
know, let's call him up and ask him. :)

                                                                        Stacey