Standing for Pete/New Haven '79

cuda340@tribeca.ios.com (Tesco Vee) wrote:
>>At least you all could sit down.  I wished I could have brought my
chiropractor with me to the shows--I would have him lay me out on the floor
and adjust my back, it was killing me from standing so long.<<
and
A64athena@aol.com wrote:
>>One question- How much did your tickets cost? Did you have seats? The
people at the Supper Club who paid more than $100 bucks for a ticket and had
to stand the whole time may have been more inclined to react negatively to a
lengthy opening act. Just a thought.<<

while the face value of the San Francisco tickets was under $30.00,  i had
friends who paid upwards of $125.00 to get in.   Scalpers were very scarce on
the street the night of the show.   all the shows had dance floors in front
of the stage without seats.   The house of blues did have some seats around
the parimeter of the dance floor,  but those were reserved for v.i.p.s.
   any sitting down was the crossed-legged-on-the-floor variety
and wasn't observed during Pete's sets.    BTW,  the lengthy opening set by
bob mould was just under 40 minutes,  hardly a marathon....

Paul Stevens wrote:
>>I will agree that it sounds like the Fillmore was not anywhere as
crowded as the Supper Club and I will grant that it gets hard to
be gracious when you're in pain!<<

nah Paul,  the fillmore was about as crowded as the supper club,  the fans at
the fillmore were just more thoughtful, that's all...

KathyVT@aol.com wrote:
>>How many nights did they play New Haven in 1979? <<
just one,  12/15/79.
the correct set list should be:
Substitute, Can't Explain, Baba O, Punk Meets, My Wife, Sister Disco, Behind
Blue Eyes  Music Must Change, Drowned, Who Are You, 5:15,
Pinball Wiz, See Me, Feel Me,  Long Live Rock, My Gen,
I Can See For Miles,  Sparks, Won't Get Fooled Again, Summertime Blues,
Dancin' in Street, Dance It Away, How Can You Do it Alone.