Re: What Database do you use?

On Fri, 10 May 1996 Gord1@aol.com wrote:
> My music collection is in an Excel database.  Excel, 1-2-3, and QuatroPro
> make excellent ONE DIMENTIONAL databases.  Using Filters and Queries, you can
> have a great database in Excel.

As a nice distraction from finals studying, I've begun compiling a
database, in Excel, of all the songs I have.  So far, I've found out that
the average song released by a band whose name begins with A-J is 3 minutes
and 53 seconds long.  If I come across anything more exciting (though I'm
not quite sure I could top that little tidbit), I'll be sure to inform
you.  Next project after this:  which musicians appear most often on the
CD's I own.  Townshend is far ahead, but I've long wanted to know which
keyboardist has been with the most bands:  Nicky Hopkins, Chris Stainton,
Chuck Leavell, or Paul Shaffer.  (Shaffer, by the way, manages a cameo in
an unbelievable amount of records).

--LP.

P.S.  Yes, I am insane.  Clinically.