Re: Keith's cymbals

>         The only LP I have is "Machine Head", and I like every song on that
> album.  "Highway Star", "Pictures of Home", great!  Even "Space Truckin'", and
> "Smoke on the Water" (love the Zappa reference!)  Actually, I think Ian Paice
> does a phenomenal job on "Pictures of Home" -- the rolls at the beginning of
> the song, and the fills throughout.... in fact, he might have been an
> excellent choice replacement for Moonie.... he's even tighter than Keith.
> [Well, now, especially.... :) ]   And "Lazy" is a great take on blues!  Damn,
> now I wanna listen to it!

Here is a one sentence summary of Ian Paice:  He can do John Bonham
better than John Bonham and still have a style of his own.  Ian was the
third drummer I came across for influence when I started out on drums.
In it's wake I collected every MK II album (that's the Gillan, Blackmore,
Glover, Lord, Paice group) I could find (including the very underrated
Concerto for Group and Orchestra, Jon Lord's finest achievement).
Machine Head is definately their best album, but I'd give a nod to
"Fireball".  The title track was the birth of speed metal thanks to
Paice's very quick left foot (he's a left handed drummer).

Paice will always be a fav of mine because he taught me that fundamentals
were crucial as a drummer.  I expanded upon this thanks to Joe Morello,
the greatest drummer to ever walk this earth.