Re: Those endearing flaws...

Rob & gary m re:
>When
>I listen to albums I sometimes like to hear flaws.  The flaws tell me that
>the musicians are actually there,  of course they are but it sounds good
>anyway.  It seems to me that when I listen to today's records they sound
>"overproduced," not a single flaw in the entire album.  To me it
>sometimes sounds to perfect.  <

Which is why I covet live performance recordings.  Anyone can sound good in
the studio (remember Milli Vanilli?)  More importantly, in concert performers
aren't restricted to the 3 minute (or 4 or 5) single length.  Nothing better
than a 15 minute jam!!  Particularly with The Who, who always sounded like a
completely different band live.  The more live records I hear, the less I go
back to the studio albums.

Mick Noland