Re: Quad as Punk

>QUAD is the Pete using the Who to tell a story (like TOMMY and LIFEHOUSE);
>with his use of repeated musical themese and literary themes and allusion
>(water as redemption), Pete is attempting to tell a story with "deep
>universal significance."  And I think he was very successful and it was a
>part of the Who's pinnacle (TOMMY-LEEDS-WHO'S NEXT-QUAD).

Jim:

I would have to say that QUAD has some Punk on it, as in I've Had Enough,
The Real Me, and Dr. Jimmy...and the attitude is Punk throughout. Dirty Jobs
would have been Punk had it been a guitar rather than a synth. Ditto with
Helpless Dancer.
Maybe it was just pre-Punk (at least, pre-the next generation of Punk).
I would also add SELL OUT to your pinnacle list. Those were the classic years.
You know, I'd love to hear a Punk version of Dirty Jobs. It seems to me it
would translate easily. Anybody out there with a band? I could sing it.
I've also yearned for a Reggae version of Armenia, while we're at it...

                   Cheers                   ML