Audiences

Athena says:
>> What a contrast these descriptions of the Supper Club audience's
>reaction to the opening act are from my experience at the Fillmore.

>>One question- How much did your tickets cost? Did you have seats? The
people at the Supper Club who paid more than $100 bucks for a ticket and had
to stand the whole time may have been more inclined to react negatively to a
lengthy opening act. Just a thought.

Interesting thought, but from the research I did on tickets for all five
shows, the Fillmore show in SF was by far the toughest ticket of the five.
 From conversations I had, tickets (when you could find them-only about 350
went out to the public) were changing hands for $250.  If you "only" paid
$100 there, someone did good by you.  (If you got in for less than that,
count your lucky starts.)  So, there goes that theory.

FYI, the Fillmore was a sweatbox as well (House of Blues was not).  At the
Fillmore, however, those of us in the front were smart enough to get people
sitting down as soon as we got in, so while it was hot and sweaty, come show
time, it was not nearly as much of a sardine scene as it could have been.

 Same basic story in LA.  A smart crowd of experienced concert goers can make
all the difference.  While I'm told that the back of the floor was packed at
HOB, up front we had plenty of room amongst the hardcore fans.  As a matter
of fact, it was one of the friendliest, most considerate GA club crowds
(other than a few shouters) that I've been to a show with.

P.S.  Thanks to everyone who posted or emailed video comments.