Re: Mould at the Supper Club

On May 8,  9:34pm, A64athena@aol.com wrote:
> Subject: Re: Mould at the Supper Club
> > What a contrast these descriptions of the Supper Club audience's
> >reaction to the opening act are from my experience at the Fillmore.
>
> One question- How much did your tickets cost? Did you have seats? The people
> at the Supper Club who paid more than $100 bucks for a ticket and had to
> stand the whole time may have been more inclined to react negatively to a
> lengthy opening act. Just a thought.

I did pay significantly more than face value for my ticket, but I don't
think that's really important.  I also don't want to try to impose
my values or insist on any behaviour.  I just wanted present my own
personal philosophy on concert-going and maybe inspire somebody to
think about how their actions affect the whole thing.  It's not just
about the opening acts either.  It's also about making sure that
maximizing your own fun does not get in the way of other people.

I will agree that it sounds like the Fillmore was not anywhere as
crowded as the Supper Club and I will grant that it gets hard to
be gracious when you're in pain!

   Paul Stevens                               Silicon Graphics
   stevens@engr.sgi.com                       Mountain View, CA