Re: Roger

>>Re: Roger's GOLDMINE interview

>>It's a bitter interview, as nasty as the infamous New Muscial Express/Creem

>>interviews of 1975.  Roger also states that John's life is "over" now that
The Who have
>>stopped touring.  He also berates Pete for deigning to use The Who for the
two
>>tracks of "The Iron Man" when  "we weren't good enough for anything in
between."
>>(I'm quoting from memory here). He then says, quite venemously states he'll
never
>>work with Pete again.

>You know, I think Roger has to get a life.  I think Rog needs to read some
Erik Erikson
>and find out what stage of development he's at and learn how to accept his
life.  Of
>course he'll work with Pete again...when Pete wants to do it.  Pete has that
advantage;
>he wrote the songs, he played the guitar, he had all the good press.  He
calls the
>shots.  Roger's biting comments are his way of expressing his anger at not
being in
>control.  He can no longer cajole Pete into "doing the Who" (pre-EMPTY
GLASS, he
>could because Pete had never experienced success outside the Who).  I
thought that
>Roger loved Pete enough to stop working (the Who) and get off the road
(remember
>1982, Rog?).

Shame on you for being so harsh regarding Roger!!  In my experience these are
rare sentiments for him to express, and therefore I'd urge cutting him some
slack.  The interviewer probably just caught him on a bad day.  I think Roger
has been remarkably patient with Pete, given how often Pete changes his
mind/changes his tune about working together.

Somebody else asked about "Daltrey's favorite mayonaise" which I don't know,
but John's is Heaven&Hellman's, and Pete's is Miracle CureWhip.

Hey, just how amusing do you expect a person to be when the subject is mayo?

Rich B.