Roger

Re: Roger's GOLDMINE interview

>>It's a bitter interview, as nasty as the infamous New Muscial
 Express/Creem interviews of 1975.  Roger also states that John's life is
"over" now that The Who have stopped touring.  He also berates Pete for
deigning to use The Who for the two tracks of "The Iron Man" when  "we
weren't good enough for anything in between."  (I'm quoting from memory
here). He then says, quite venemously states he'll never work with Pete
again.<<

You know, I think Roger has to get a life.  I think Rog needs to read some
Erik Erikson and find out what stage of development he's at and learn how to
accept his life.  Of course he'll work with Pete again...when Pete wants to
do it.  Pete has that advantage; he wrote the songs, he played the guitar, he
had all the good press.  He calls the shots.  Roger's biting comments are his
way of expressing his anger at not being in control.  He can no longer cajole
Pete into "doing the Who" (pre-EMPTY GLASS, he could because Pete had never
experienced success outside the Who).  I thought that Roger loved Pete enough
to stop working (the Who) and get off the road (remember 1982, Rog?).

--Jim

PS. Could somebody who's got this interview Xerox it for me? I'd love to read
the whole thing.