IH, FD and Kenney

 Thinking about all the posts about It`s Hard, Face Dances and Kenney`s
role, I`d say that by the time of It`s Hard Kenney was doing a fine job,
having gained Who-related experience and confidence through extensive
touring with the band. The drumming on It`s Hard only doesn`t hit me right
on Cry if You Want, where the shuffle/marching band beat doesn`t meld well
with the guitar track -  most unfortunate as it`s the only track where PT
really sounds like his old self on guitar. But take, say, A Man Is A Man -
the drumming is deft and really gives the song its keynote accents. Overall,
It`s Hard is a solid effort, excellent by the standards of most rock at the
time, but by overarching Who standards deserving probably only of a B grade.
My point being, this was not Kenney`s fault, but the result of an unfocused
band whose leader seemed to have lost his passion for the band.....Gary M.