Re: The Rehabilitation of FACE DANCES

Jim, re:

>>>   I don't think Pete's material on   [FD]     gives a drummer much to do.

        As a drummer who bought FD when it came out, I cannot agree.  The song
"Cache Cache" opens up with drum fills that sound absolutely lame!  Maybe that
is due partly to the actual drum sound, part production, and/or part Jones'
ability .... I don't know what it is, but the sad thing is that it could've
sounded GREAT!   Same thing with "Did You Steal My Money";  I think Kenny does
excellent hi-hat work on that song, but in the rest of the song, drums sound
very weak ... they sound LOUSY!  I HATE 'EM!  Although I agree with your
assessment of "The Quiet One";  Kenny did a good job there, although the drums
still sound weak, so I suspect it is more the actual drum sound that is at
fault here (read:  Producer!).
        Actually, at the time the lp came out, I was really into bass, and
used to play bass to the album instead of drums....

                gary m.