NYC Pete show tapes

    I was at both NYC Pete shows, and taped on Sat. but not Fri.. I went home
after the show, and gave it a listen, only to find that my deck had failed,
and did not record properly.The motor had malfunctioned, and the tape did not
spin correctly. I recorded the whole show, but only Drowned came out good. It
is too bad. I had used my best deck and mics., and was in a perfect spot for
the sound. Drowned sounds good, but if the rest of the show had come out, it
would have been one of the best sounding shows I ever taped ( I had adjusted
my mics before The Shout, and it sounds much better until the problem kicks
in ).

 I have been taping various shows in the NY area for a long time, and have a
large collection of master tapes and low generation on both DAT and analog. I
know there were other people taping ( I saw at least 4 or 5 ), if anyone
comes across anything PLEASE let me know. I would love to trade.

  I was planning to post on here with the good news of a high quality tape,
and trade with everyone, as well as sending copies to people who wanted to
start a tape tree. Needless to say, I was crushed when I got home.

 BTW,  I only found this list a week or two ago, and think it is great. A
very eclectic group, with strong and insightful opinions. I have enjoyed the
postings I've read here, and although I know none of you, I feel like I let
many of you down.

I know alot of tapers, and if I find anything through them, I will let you
all know.

...No one respects the flame quite like the fool who's badly burned...

KFLebeda@aol.com