Supper Club Shows

Hey, all --

        After catching up on some of the messages posted (was out for 3
days!), I just want to say that Pete's performances were absolutely fantastic,
both nights!  He seemed to be in great spirits, and just stole the crowd away,
except for the inevitable obnoxious few who hadn't a clue. Someone mentioned
one, who kept yelling "Pete!"  Pete finally got fed up and belittled the shit
out of him, at which point the guy must have wanted to crawl into a crack in
the floor.  Not a pretty sight.  (That was Friday's show.)
        At another point in Friday's performance, I found myself near the
exit, near 2 really dopey, obnoxious morons, clearly with a few chromosomes to
spare.  Pete was talking, and one of these jerks was yelling, "Play a song!",
and then laughing like that statement is actually full of outrageous humor and
wit.  Pete then began playing, "A Friend Is A Friend".  Then this idiot starts
saying, very loud with the intention that others could hear, something like,
"This is it, man, this is it!  It don't get better than this... I'm so glad I
didn't miss this!"
        At that point, I said, "Yeah, but you're missing THIS, NOW!", and I
pointed at Pete.  At that point, he was in the middle of this beautiful song.
The guy looks at me, with a glazed, infinitely dopey look in his eye, and
says, "....hey, you're right...! Hey, thanks man...."  And he turns toward the
stage, and he shuts up, and starts watching the show.  I couldn't believe how
corny it was.... during "A Friend Is A Friend".  Later, we actually toasted
with our beer bottles.  Of course, a few songs later, he was acting like a
first-class sphincter again..... what a Pin Head!
        I think one of the most beautiful songs Pete did was "Shout".  It is
not a song I am familiar with....I have "Another Scoop", but rarely put it on,
and since "Shout" is at the end of disc 2, rarely get the opportunity to
listen to it.  But the versions I heard those 2 nights were just incredible!
"Cut My Hair" & "Drowned" were excellent; beautiful embellishment by the
keyboard player!  And Pete's piano work was amazing!

        Well, gotta go!
        gary m.